6 large red tomatoes, cut into 4 slices each
2 cups bread crumbs
2 cups olive oil
1 strip of bacon (optional)
3 cups mayonnaise
½ cup mustard, any kind
1 tsp. salt
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ cup parsley
¼ cup thyme
1. Heat oil in large fry pan.
2. Make egg wash with the eggs, add a little water.
3. Dip tomatoes in egg and then in bread crumbs.
4. Place in fry pan and fry until golden brown on both sides.
5. Set aside on paper towel to remove excess oil.
6. To make sauce, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, onion, salt,pepper, cayenne. parsley and thyme. Mix well.
7. On salad plate place three tomatoes in an arrangement and place alarge tablespoon of mayonnaise in the middle.