1 1/2 cups red bell pepper
1 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped garlic
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 stick butter
1 cup flour vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 cups bread crumbs
------ Preparation -----
1. First in medium fry pan heat butter until melted and add inflour. Mix well and heat until creamy a dark beige color. Addin onions and red pepper and heat for 10 minutes and remove fromheat.
2. In large fry cook pork in about ¼ cup oil. Brown well andremove from heat.
3. In medium bowl combine meat and onion and pepper mixture withhands, be sure to make sure both are cool first. Let sit in therefrigerator for about 1-2 hours.
4. When chilled, roll into small balls. Mix eggs with water andleave in bowl for dipping pork balls. Place bread crumbs inseparate bowl.
5. First, dip pork balls into egg mixture then coat well withbread crumbs. Do this step to all of the meat before starting tocook.
6. In large sauce pot, cover bottom of pot with 2 inches of oiland heat on medium to high. The oil has to high enough to submerse the pork ball. Place as many pork balls in very hot oiland cook for 5-8 minutes, sometimes longer. You will be able totell.
7. In small bowl combine mustard and mayonnaise. To serve placeheaping teaspoon in middle of dish and place pork balls around it.Serve as a first course or appetizer.